somecognition :: a pondering of all things un-final.

Monday, November 05, 2007

human condition

There is this "something" (a need) that we constantly seek. The something recognized usually possesses all three characteristics from my perspective;
a) the need recognition does not always come in the same form or fashion (lonely, jealous, tired, waiting for something different, desire to be loved, etc)
b) it fails to ever be completely met (The need I had was met, yet I am still left wanting. Or if the need was met I am still left wanting in another category, that did not exist prior. Defined:I am lonely but I now I have someone, yet I still need something. I am still lonely or come to find out it was something completely different.)
c) it fails to be completely defined, aka there is this unrest at the soul level and I cant possibly put words to.

Many of my conversations this week have had this similar trait to them, lots of us (me in the middle) are suffering from disappointment. Disappointment to a variety of degrees - however disappointment none the less. There are redemptive aspects to our disappointment however - the fact that we long for a condition that is not met completely is a divine message I believe. On this side of life (meaning, life never ends - I believe in the infinite therefore there are just different stages of life) my need will never fully be realized or met, however I have been given a enough taste of the heavens to know that I am not yet home.

No comments: