somecognition :: a pondering of all things un-final.

Monday, November 12, 2007

get-a-way

sometimes we just have to get away, get some time to think.....this past saturday I had that opportunity. growing up in Houston i didn't get the chance to enjoy any kind of topography, an occasional hill due to some unsightly drainage ditch or something was the extent of it.
now I can be at a place like this in about an hour and half and exhale......

exhale is what I don't do much as of late. my chest just feels this constant compression, one that grows day by day until I can't breath any more - creativity stunted, conversations have run dry, and spiritually anemic. while spiritual disciplines have their place, so do spiritual liberations - nature is this for me.

picture of the falls from the suspension bridge






my two preferred shoe styles






an overlook at a set of falls








the colors are out, and calling your name

3 comments:

Stephen Hunton said...

Hey bro...glad to see you got out of the concrete jungle for a little R&R.

Robby said...

I heart your shoes styles. Good photos. That water makes me want to jump in. I heart cold mountain falls. And way to embrace your freedom, man. I heart freedom too.

G said...

I did the same thing about a month ago...but it was raining that day..believe it or not!