somecognition :: a pondering of all things un-final.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

patterns of speech

could be called poetry, prose to be more specific, or just conversation.

each of us carry a number of traits (physical, emotional, spiritual, etc) that, if you truly watch a person, break forth in interaction. If you see the person enough, and you see them through some varying seasons in life, their communication becomes one large canvas made up of patterns.

I have attempted to observe the pattern that I put forth day in & day out. I know when eye contact is broken and what it means for me and what I do afterwards. I know that when I get teary I look to the ground and when I am thinking I look at the sky. I stumble on my words when I don't believe in them fully or I believe them so dearly they make for rocks in my throat.

I have observed my pattern of speech with the creator as well. I know that the conversation largely centers around the "weather" because I feel guilty. I know that I shake my head when His grace is loud and that I hide when His grace seems quiet.

I know your pattern of conversation if I love you. I like mannerisms, I always have. I like bugging people because that's when they come out most (also when they are thinking and they think no ones is looking).

1 comment:

Garrett said...

wow. you've been writing a lot lately. and i've missed it! doh! great thoughts though. i'm really enjoying it.