somecognition :: a pondering of all things un-final.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

learning

i don't know if i am getting wiser per-say, but i am learning alot. I would attribute the word wise to the knowledge of reality/truth compared to your actions in light of that knowledge/truth, the narrower that gap the more wise you are. Simply stated, its the practical knowledge that you put into practice.

I think back on actions I have taken and simply blush or do this thing with my head where i shake it, this can also be seen if you watch me while listening to radiohead. Translated, I have had many not-so-wise moments.

Wisdom can consciously be applied to a situation, or a series of events, that call you to make a decision. However, the application of wisdom will meet opposition if this actual application of wisdom has not: a) ever been attempted by you personally b) is highly emotional c) you just don't feel like being wise.

Life has called for more wisdom as of late. I welcome it, hoping it does not cause another radiohead action somewhere down the road.

3 comments:

Scott said...

i could actually follow this...it wasn't too deep for me. Wisdom should also be easily accessible if truly understood, so thanks for writing. hope your new year's resolution is to blog more frequently

Stephen Hunton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephen Hunton said...

as always, I enjoy reading your thoughts...blogs are a bit voyeuristic aren't they...but w/ you I like being a peeper.

Hope all's well north of the perimeter, things west of the perimeter are awesome. Being a dad is my favorite hobby.