somecognition :: a pondering of all things un-final.

Sunday, December 09, 2007

child like

my trip was great, it accompanied good company, fantastic views, and lots of time for peace and quite. one thing that must go mentioned was the chance I had to play with Maddie. From her singing dress (put your right _____ in, take your right___ out,.........) to her witty remarks, she gave me the chance to let loose. Not caring if what I said was proper or made sense, I could just be goofy. What a release from every day affairs, where my lawn must be kept right and my speech superb. While she didn't ask me the deepest questions i felt like she touched the deep, a child can sense things no adult can. While she has no clue what I do for work or what college I went to - she knows me far more than an acquaintance peer who met me the other day at a social event who sized me up (as I did them).

No pressure, no expectations - she just wanted to play.
-link-

No comments: