somecognition :: a pondering of all things un-final.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

soc

my theories, oh how beautiful.
don't you buy them, endorse them, just adore them?
may it be to your despise if you demise what i theorize.

my heretics exasperate, but I have no consciousness thereof - agree with me you naysayer, buy my dogma, it's for sale.

what it means
to be a little less vague, the above is a stream of consciousness (soc) I had while listening to some Dabrye (see music to the right). I get to a degree of annoyance where I just sorda go off on these soc. they are insight to the condition of my soul. most often they are where my best ideas come from, sometimes it's also where my skeletons are found. they are ambitious thoughts that call for so much personal bandwidth to carry out that I actually carry out very little of what labor they make available thus creating a personal feeling of contempt for being unable to act on passions.

that's all.

music
I think the soc thing has played with my music preference as of late. I got on iTunes late last night and just started clicking "buy" - when done i realized that everything i bought was instrumental, many of them beat driven. i have a new name for these - "think beats" - it is absolutely amazing how much work i can get done when listening to them or the visuals i think off. It's, to date, the greatest productivity tool I have found.

5 comments:

Stephen Hunton said...

nice...music actually makes me less productive because I get so caught up into everything that's going on musically and I analyze everything til the song is then dead to me and I no longer want to listen.

Garrett said...

it's funny to read our blogs and then listen to our speech for the next week or so until the next one is posted.

the same phrases seem to pop up in conversations and debates. it's as if we're each this little corporation; creating a culture and jargon and staying on point. i like it.

it's kinda like we're each trying to figure out how to preach the truth to our own strange ears and stubborn hearts. and God ends up using our words to encourage each other.

of course, another way to look at it is that we all pridefully think we have something important to say that everyone else needs to hear. and in the process God teaches us something about himself in the struggle to articulate and understand our own stories and how they are interwoven with his.

i have a feeling both are true and both are important. and for that i am thankful.

Garrett said...

ps- was the lost comment cryptic in any way?

Unknown said...

Music is a passionate expression of one's soul, so it seems only natural that it then in turn causes passionate expression. You can buy that if you want, but it is going to be expensive!

mark said...

hey roy, its mark. good to find you. here's my email: shobmenzy31@yahoo.com. i have to ask you a question because your a smart guy and i respect your insight. if you get a chance, drop me a line and i'll send you an email. where you be? whats up? didnt know you were a radiohead fan. i have to say theyre my favorite. you like the thom yorke solo album??