somecognition :: a pondering of all things un-final.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

faith to faith

somehow it got lost in translation.
now that I have come to faith, in a certain sense, I could coast. I don't really hear that at the church I go to, I don't read that in the bible, nor does the community of people I hang with feel that way - I feel like it's a subtle implied thing that I either came up with on my own or that it's wired in there somewhere. I don't think I am alone in it. In school if you found out you could make a 99 without doing one more assignment would you still do one?
side note: Given my grades I didn't care if it was a 79 or a 99, so long as it wasn't a 69 (failing).....what killed me was that my college did the whole B- thing.....for some I am sure it helped, but for those of us who barely got by with B's it killed us.

We look at our "conversion" as this huge thing, which it is, but why don't I look at each decision for life, God, true pleasure the same way, with the same emphasis. I relish in new believers, as I should, but what about by roomies faith, who has "converted", overcomes a certain thing or or chooses glory over rubbish......I typically have, "duh - that's what you should have done" response while I should be rejoicing that he still chooses Life, Glory, God.

In short, every decision requires faith - just like the first time you exercised your option to faith. It's nothing short of that. For some, and I am apart of that some, it feels like that puts a huge burden on you and now there is this huge weight on every decision. At that point you have lost it once again. Faith is by no means a burden - and so long as it feels like a noose it's not faith. As a community we must remember that. I need you to help me remember that, vice versa.

thoughts spurred from Romans 1


1 comment:

roy said...

thanks for the word, good thoughts p.......