somecognition :: a pondering of all things un-final.

Monday, February 04, 2008

Mos Def

Why did one straw break the camel's back? Here's the secret:
the million other straws underneath it - it's all mathematics
-mos def
I have been listening to more and more hip-hop. Attracted to it being a culture that I am not regularly exposed to even though I live in Atlanta. Either way, while I think the quote above is an obvious statement it's still a simple yet complex truth. whether your discussing fiscal policy or the life of black males as it pertains to prison statistics (which most of that particular song references). In my sales life as well as everyday life I tend to discuss the "straw on top" - however underlaying the latest straw is tons of others that are perhaps heavier than the last on the pile.

so it goes.

1 comment:

lori said...

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/

may I direct you to #69. Only loosely related to your post, but Sarah and I still chuckled that you'd posted on Mos Def the very afternoon we'd learned of white folks' appreciation for him. hilarious.