somecognition :: a pondering of all things un-final.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

a little work

i feel tired. perhaps more tired than ever. usually when i am this tired i am a little pissed at the world. I am not this time round. I see being overwhelmed as an opportunity for deliverance. (not every second or anything, but overall that's the mood).

i am sorda asking;
how long can i keep this pace?
what does this turn in to? then what? then what? then die?
if I die tomorrow will I regret hard work/noble efforts/wasted efforts? (not like I would actually regret anything bc I am dead)

i sorda feel like I am wired exactly for the organization i work for and wired to work with the people I work with. that is great to know, great to walk in to work knowing there is more "behind the scenes."

there is a book that has come out - "Run with the Bulls" - that basically tells of 85% of people not liking their jobs. I could not imagine that, however I talk to people all the time where that is reality. i wonder if some of the 85% were just like me and got: a)burned by their job b) burned out c) some life crisis hit - either way I am sure I will confront 1 of the 3 if not all three at some point in my life. I do not look forward to that day, I am thankful that I don't see that on any horizon - however I hope to be able to help/spur/listen to those who are there now.

3 comments:

hayden said...

You are there for me. Thanks, man. I am thankful that your job fits you well.

Randy Schlichting said...

Hey I have thought about running with the bulls for my 60 year birthday....what say you we get a group?

G said...

I hear you Roy. I've been there a few times and no, its not fun, good perspective.